Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Wolfclan

The wolfclan was a project I started in 7th grade. It was supposed to be not just one book, but a series of books all following the adventures of a super-powered wolf pack. However as is often the case in these projects, the initial burst of imagination is a lot bigger than the follow through. I didn't even finish the first book. I got 8 chapters in, and then let the project drop.

The plot in a nutshell is that an Alien race wants to create a super powered wolf pack to destroy earth. However after giving the wolves super powers and intelligence, the wolves escape and return to earth, thus ending the first book. The subsequent books would follow the super-hero like adventures of this wolfpack.

While I was in the middle of this project, we were assigned to write couplet poems for English class at school. I wrote a poem about wolves hunting. Although I had always dreaded poetry, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this couplet rhyming business wasn't so difficult after all. You ended on one word in the first line, and you could usually force the rhyme out in the second line. It was like discovering a new power.

I decided to go back and write prequel adventures about the wolf pack before the transformation. I adopted my poem from English class by inserting the names of the wolves from my story. I started on a second poem, "Mack's Attack," but never finished it.

Chapter Index

Prequel Poems

The Wolfclan chapters

No comments: