Monday, May 15, 2006

My Big Book About Raining

I don't remember this one at all, but it was saved in my art portfolio with all my childhood artwork, and dated November 27, 1982 (when I would have been 4 years old). I dictated the story to my mother, who wrote it down on blank pages, and then I illustrated it (which turned out just to be just paint splotches).

There was beautiful sunshine, beautiful clouds

Bambi liked it that way. So he woke up.

Suddenly it started to do rain clouds. That happened just when Bambi woke up.

So Bambi did not go out to play. Neither did Thumper nor Flower.

It became nighttime and they went to sleep.

And outside it rained and rained.

Until the skies tumbled down to the ground.

The wind washed the clouds back up into the sky

And then the clouds fell down again

And then the water went right to the clouds and the clouds fell down to the bottom of the sea
Then the clouds washed up and tumbled down into the sea again.

Then the clouds pushed together and the rain stopped and the sun came out

And then Bambi and Flower and Thumper woke back up

Then all of a sudden it started raining again.

And then it stopped and it never, never rained again that day

So Thumper and Flower and Bambi played all day until night time.

No comments: