Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Wolfclan: Chapter 3

The commander of the space ship was doing his duties in the main control room when the first officer walked in. "Sir," he said, "I have carefully studied the planet T-50323 and I believe I have come up with the slowest and most painful way to destroy the planet, as you requested."

"Well done," said the commander. "What is it?"

"The humans on this planet have a creature called the were wolf. This creature is human by day and a were wolf on nights with a full moon. When it turns into a were wolf it has super strength and is unable to be harmed by anything except silver. If we could catch one, we could make it totally invincible. Then, with the help of our mind control program, we could program its mind to do our will. If we could also capture a pack of wolves, which is an animal that lives on T-50323, make them invincible, increase their strength, and program their minds also, we could release them on earth. With no way to kill them, they could destroy all life on earth one life at a time. Of course, this process would take a long time before it succeeds, maybe even centuries, but with no way to stop them, it can't help but succeed eventually."

"I like that plan," said the commander. "Get to work on it right away."

"We have already located the perfect pack of wolves," said the first officer. "However we will not be able to locate a were wolf until night falls. Fortunately there is a full moon tonight."

"If it's possible," began the commander, "try to make the were wolf from the same general location as the wolf pack."

"Yes sir," said the first officer. The first office left the main control room. The commander stayed in the control room a moment longer, then he left also. There were only two aliens left in the control room. There names were Cretal, and Elim.

Cretal walked over to Elim. "You heard what they said, another planet destroyed. Millions of intelligent life killed for no reason other than to make sure our alien empire has no competitors. Since I was drafted into space fleet, I've witnessed the destruction of many peaceful planets, and I can't take it anymore. I'm going to do something about it Elim! I'm going to free that pack of wolves or die trying."

"You must be mad," said Elim.

"Am I?" asked Cretal. "Am I mad for trying to save a planet about to be destroyed for no good reason?" Cretal looked at the floor. "I was also hoping you would help me."

"What?" said the startled Elim.

"Sure!" said Cretal, regaining eye contact. "Why with that gift of shooting fire that you have, we're almost guaranteed a victory."

Elim remembered the gift of shooting fire that he had. He had got the gift from an intelligent life form that lived on planet Z-64. The creature spoke the same language that the aliens did, but sadly enough it was destroyed by the aliens. The aliens had captured it and planned to use it as a specimen for a special acid that they had developed. If the acid was successful, the aliens were going to use it to destroy planet Z-64.

The acid was specifically designed to cause the creature great pain, and then kill him after an hour or so. The creature came from a peaceful race and did not suspect hostility from the aliens. It cooperated with them to the fullest extent and tried to help as much as it could. However, when the aliens put the acid on him, it became clear to the creature what the aliens really wanted. The creature then demonstrated an unusual power that it had. The creature began to shoot fire out of any part of his body that he chose.

The creature ran through the ship, inflaming every body who tried to stop him. The creature finally made it to the escape craft, where he would have escaped if he had not been stopped by three aliens wearing fire resistant suits. They captured the creature and brought him to a small fire resistant room, with see through walls. The room was filled with about an inch of acid. The acid immediately caused the creature great pain, but did not even start to dissolve his feet until an hour had gone by. The creature would have passed out because of the pain, but the air in the room was just like it was on the creature's planet, which made it impossible for the creature to pass out. So the creature slowly dissolved in acid over a period of forty eight hours. The acid killed him in half that time however. The room that the creature was in was not sound proof, and the creature spent the whole time screaming in pain and begging for mercy. After about four hours, the commander and the first officer and everybody else got bored and left. The next day the commander, and the first officer, sprayed the whole planet with the acid, killing all life on that planet in the same cruel way, but that's a different story.

Elim was walking through the halls when he heard the creature's shouts. Elim walked over to where he could see the creature.

"Please!" the creature shouted to him. "Please have mercy and let me out of here! Please help me! I'll be your slave. I'll do anything your government wants, just let me out."

"I can not let you out," said Elim. "My commander will kill me. I wish I could help you because I do not agree with my government's cruel ways."

The creature spoke, "open that window." He pointed to a small window near the bottom of the cage. At first Elim did not, but then the creature said, "I give you my word I will not try to escape, or harm you, or damage your ship." Elim slide the window open. "Give me your hand," commanded the creature. Elim obeyed. "I give to you the gift of fire," said the creature. Instantly Elim felt a surge of power run through him. "I have just given you the ability to shoot fire," said the creature, "so that the gift need not die with me. You now can absorb fire, and shoot it out later, out of any part of your body that you want to. You can shoot the fire through telepathy. You too can also give this gift away, the same way I did, but I would recommend you keep it until you're dying. Just remember you cannot shoot more fire than you absorb, and use this gift wisely my friend."

The creature then collapsed into the acid. Immediately he yelled in pain, but could not find the strength to pull himself out. Elim, not wishing to see the creature suffer any longer, ran back to his quarters and cried because of what was happening to the creature.

Cretal knew what Elim was thinking about. "You're thinking about how you got that gift, aren't you?" he said. "We have both made a big mistake by letting our government kill that creature, by letting our government destroy that creature's planet, by letting our government destroy all those planets. We made a big mistake with all those planets, and I don't plan to duplicate that mistake with the case of planet T-50323."

"Cretal, I'm not so sure--," began Elim.

"Elim," interrupted Cretal, "when you received the gift of fire it was because you showed compassion to that creature. The creature was undoubtedly hoping you would help free him. Even so, he accepted you for what you were and rewarded you for your kindness. Yet he was probably thinking in the back of his mind that this guy still has time to change. Remember what he said to you? He said use this gift wisely my friend. I bet he meant using it for the good of the Universe."

"Cretal, wake up!" said Elim. "What you're talking about is a suicide mission. It would be virtually impossible to fight off the whole ship and safely make it to earth. Even if we could accomplish this amazing feat, we would be stuck on a world unkind to anything different from themselves. We'd probably be killed by the intelligent residents of T-50323. In addition, the space ship would just find another pack of wolves to use, and if we managed to survive persecution by the "Human," as they call themselves, we would only be destroyed with the rest of the world. Also, if you're about to suggest we take over the whole ship, I don't think I need to remind you about how impossible that would be. Besides, Earth would only be waiting for the next ship to come along."

"Elim, you're not looking at this right," said Cretal. "Sure it's a suicide mission, but what do you expect me to do? Just watch? This mission in one way is impossible, but in another way it's bound to be successful. Whether we succeed in bringing the wolves back to earth or not, we will become an inspiration for others to follow. Sure we can't do anything by ourselves, but we can set an example for others. There are many ones like us, who oppose the government, but are too frightened to do anything. But maybe if they hear about how two people, like them, got the courage to do something against the government, they'll follow our example."

"Cretal, I just don't know about this," said Elim.

"Elim, said Cretal, "Are you going to help me or not?"

Elim thought for a moment. "I'll help you," he said at last.

"Good," said Cretal. "Here's the plan."

No comments: