Sunday, July 30, 2006

About this Blog!

Having already posted on-line Fabulae, which took up much of my time in high school, and "Working Title" which took up much of my time in college, I decided to go back through my child hood stories and post everything up through middle school.

This isn't everything of course, it's simply everything that survived. I can think of a number of pieces I wrote that for one reason or another got lost, misplaced, or thrown away over the years. I guess everyone's childhood is like that. This is what I could dig up though. (Some of the lost stuff I wrote up brief descriptions of here, mostly just for my own sentimentality.)

Besides that big factor, a couple other minor cuts have been made. Anything I did in my free time I decided must have been important to me at one point because I put my own time into it. So I've reproduced it here, (even if it turned out to be a complete disaster like "The Story of Giddo.")

School assignments I was a bit more picky on. Stuff I really got into, I reproduce here. Stuff where I was simply going through the motions to get the grade I've left off.

You'll note I don't say, "Stuff that was really good." From the perspective of adult-hood, none of this seems particularly good. But some of it I really got into at the time, or was very proud of at the time.

No comments: